The writing clinic is a live, online, cross-faculty resource for all postgraduate students at the University of Manchester. It is a drop-in facility which allows you to ask any questions you might have regarding academic writing. It is not an in-sessional writing class.
The clinics take place between 2.00 – 3.00pm on Wednesdays.
(The first clinic will be on 15th October.)
To enter the online clinic, follow these steps:
1. Enter the following into a web browser:
2. Enter the meeting number: 9841467663
3. Click ‘Join Meeting’ and follow the instructions.
(The first time you use Zoom you will have to follow the download instructions.)
4. Enter your name and your faculty e.g. Anna Hernandez FEPS
Please note: you will need a webcam and headphones to participate in the clinic. However, if you do not have access to a webcam, you can communicate by a chat facility.
Please be aware of the following:
• This is a University-wide resource and so the guidance and feedback given will be generic and not subject/School specific. If you have any subject specific questions (e.g. regarding formatting of your thesis), you should speak to your supervisor/academic advisor or to some other relevant person within your subject field.
• This is not an online proofreading service.
If you have any questions regarding the online clinic, please email: