Please find below a list of books available for review in the Journal of International Development. Please contact me if you are interested in writing a review. Reviews should be completed in the next 8 weeks, and be approximately 700-1000 words long. Full guidelines will be provided when the book review is agreed and a copy of the text will be sent to a university address. Please email Dr Darryl Humble <d.humble@NORTHUMBRIA.AC.UK> for more information.
· Adam, C., Collier, P. & Gondwe, M., 2014. Zambia: Building Prosperity from Resource Wealth, United Kingdom: Oxford University Press.
· Allen, F., Behrman, J. & Birdsall, N., 2014. Towards a Better Global Economy: Policy Implications for Citizens Worldwide in the 21st Century, United Kingdom: Oxford University Press.
· Balagopalan, S., 2014. Inhabiting ‘childhood’: children, labour and schooling in postcolonial India, United Kingdom: Palgrave Macmillan.
· Biggeri, M. & Ferrannini, A., 2014. Sustainable Human Development: A New Territorial and People-Centred Perspective, United States: Palgrave Pivot.
· Gentry, C. & Eckert, A., 2014. The Future of Just War: New Critical Essays, United States: University of Georgia Press.
· Hammar, A., 2014. Displacement Economies in Africa: Paradoxes of Crisis and Creativity, United Kingdom: Zed Books Ltd.
· Ibrahim, S. & Tiwari, M., 2014. The Capability Approach: From Theory to Practice, United Kingdom: Palgrave Macmillan.
· Lofchie, M., 2014. The Political Economy of Tanzania: Decline and Recovery, United States: PENN/University of Pennsylvania Press.
· McGann, J., Viden, A. & Rafferty, J., 2014. How Think Tanks Shape Social Development Policies, United States: University of Pennsylvania Press.
· Moellendorf, D., 2014. The Moral Challenge of Dangerous Climate Change: Values, Poverty, and Policy, United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press.
· Nazneen, S. & Sultan, M., 2014. VOICING DEMANDS: FEMINIST ACTIVISM IN TRANSITIONAL CONTEXTS; ED. BY SOHELA NAZNEEN, United Kingdom: Zed Books Ltd.
· Sen, G., Durano, M. & Committee, D.S., 2014. The Re-Making of Social Contracts: Feminists in a Fierce New World, United Kingdom: Zed Books, Limited.
· Stiglitz, J., Greenwald, B. & Aghion, P., 2014. Creating a Learning Society: A New Approach to Growth, Development, and Social Progress, United States: Columbia University Press.
· Veltmeyer, H. & Petras, J., 2014. The new extractivism: a post-neoliberal development model or imperialism of the twenty-first century?, United Kingdom: Zed Books Ltd.