Training workshop: Introduction to the Millennium Cohort Study
Date & time: Tuesday 23rd June 2015, 10:00-16:00
This workshop introduces the Millennium Cohort Study (MCS) to both first-time and more experienced data users, with a focus on the age 11 and age 14 surveys. It includes a computer-based training session that gives participants the opportunity to analyse the data under the guidance of experienced users.
Presentations in the morning will include:
- Introduction to the MCS, including what’s new at age 11 and age 14
- MCS sample and issues of weights, non-response and attrition
- Linked data
- How to access the data and documentation available
- In the afternoon, the practical computer training session will cover:
- Structure of the data
- Merging and linking datasets
- Using STATA for data management and exploration of the data
The workshop is free to attend but a fine will be charged for no shows and late cancellations. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.