The University’s Student Communications and Marketing Team are looking for a postgraduate researcher to join our team of student bloggers. The purpose of the role is to create engaging content for our popular student blog ()
The aim of the blog is to inform prospective students of life here at The University of Manchester, while also giving a true voice to the wider student experience. Typical subject areas will be provided to the successful candidate however the content of the blog posts should
- Provide prospective students with an insight into student life at Manchester (e.g. including extra-curricular activities, hobbies and interests outside of your academic study);
- Be topical and newsworthy and engage readers;
- Give advice on balancing work and study alongside an active student life;
- Be informative and creative with each post focusing on a specific theme.
The position commences in September and you will need to submit your first blog by the end of September 2015. You will then be required to submit at least 12 blog posts a year working to a schedule of deadlines, provided in advance.
The blogger position is a paid role and is subject to the completion of the required number of posts. We would expect you to spend approximately 1½ hours per week on your blog however the length of blog posts can vary each month.
We are looking for…
- An enthusiastic student, who is active and interested in the student experience;
- A blogger who is flexible and willing to try new things and activities;
- A blogger who can work to deadlines and achieve the required number of posts to a suitable standard;
- Preferably someone who has experience writing on blogs or preparing communications for a student audience;
- To apply, you will need to be on a PhD programme of study in your 1st, 2nd or 3rd year.
Salary: £110 per Semester (subject to submission of posts)
Duration: The position is available from September 2015 until 31st August 2016
Application deadline: 13th September 2015
Application form: Application form PGR -2015